Monday, January 12, 2015

Flight to Dragon Isle by Lucinda Hare | Review

Hello people of the world, it's Kat and today I thought I'd write a review for Flight to Dragon Isle. Now it is a sequel, but I hope you can still understand this!


Blurb: A brutal war against the united hobgoblin tribes rages, and Quenelda longs to accompany her hero Dragon Lord father into battle. But when the elite Stealth Dragon Services is ambushed and defeated - due to the dark treachery of the Grand Master - and her father is presumed dead, the Seven Sea Kingdoms are thrown into turmoil.


Evil plots swirl - with even Quenelda's own beloved dragon in mortal danger - but Quenelda finds a magical, secret solace at the heart of the fabled fortress Dragon Isle. Can she use her new powers to set the tide of victory turning against the hobgoblins?
via Goodreads

Romance: 2 out of 5 | surprisingly little. Quenelda didn't have a love interest, but other people were getting engaged. Nothing bad!

Violence:  4 out of 5 | It's a war, there are bound to be a bit, but nothing is gory or anything. So just relax.

Language: 1 out of 5 | None caught my eye. I don't think there was anything. If there was it was very small!

Age: 9+ | Almost anyone would enjoy this book!

Rating: 3 out of 5 | Disappointing

My Thoughts: This is where it get a little bit heated. You see, I adore The Dragon Whisperer. It is one of my most favourite book, but then this book come along and I high hopes and it was a little disappointing.

It sort of skimmed over bits, especially that moment that Quenelda had been waiting for her WHOLE LIFE!

Also, they killed off one of the best characters which still has me crying. PEOPLE WHO ARE GOING TO READ THIS, BE WARNED!!!

On the upside though, there were plenty of new characters which was great. It was nice to meet some more characters. Also Darcy's character was expanded and fleshed out, which was good. He still needs more work though.

I am left on tendered hooks though, the villain (shan't mention his name in case there are readers who haven't read The Dragon Whisperer). I'm wondering whether something is seriously wrong with him. Is he dying, is he very sick? I have hopes that the next book will play around with that a bit more. That would be awesome!

****
Anyway, that's my review for this book. If you enjoyed The Dragon Whisperer then you might like to read this book. Definitely not as good as the first, but worth the read!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love getting comments, and we will always answer them!