Thursday, February 12, 2015

Review: City of Stars by Mary Hoffman


Blurb: Dreaming of a city with flying horses was one thing... But coming face to face with someone she knew to be dead - that was something else again.

Georgia would love nothing more than to ride horses every day and avoid her annoying stepbrother at all costs. But she could never have guessed that a tiny, antique winged horse figurine would be the key to her escape to
another world and another time. When Georgia arrives in a sixteenth-century city called Remora, she is plunged into a dangerous and treacherous world of horse-racing, family honour and deadly rivalry. And there, as a new Stravagante, Georgia will have a dramatic and extraordinary role to play... via Goodreads

Romance: 4.5 out of 5 | More than the last book. There is a small bit of trouble and confusion and several love plots, but still nothing bad

Violence:  4 out of 5 | Same as last time.

Language: 1 out of 5 | None to note.

Age: 11+ | I'd say younger, but there are a few things that younger readers might not feel comfortable with.

Rating: 4 out of 5 | Good

My Thoughts: What to say about this book? It was freaking amazing! I loved it.
Can we just take a moment to wonder at how well Mary Hoffman worked the two worlds? They're just enough different to be interesting, but not so much that it goes overboard. I love it!
Sadly though I have mixed views about Georgia, in some ways I loved her, but the stupid mistakes she made where horrible.
In some ways I wished Lucien was still the main characters, but in other ways I was glad he wasn't, there would have been far too much Arianna, which is ok for one book, not for two!
I was very pleased to find out my matchmaking came true. Every couple I thought perfect, came true. And that's a good thing because if they hadn't it would have ruined the whole book!
I can't wait to get onto the third book (which I do have)!

So there you have it guys! A review of City of Stars. City of Flowers' review is coming soon. Look out for it. And if you don't want to miss another of my reviews, follow me on Goodreads and follow this blog:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love getting comments, and we will always answer them!