Sunday, January 25, 2015

Storytime

This is inspired from one of my fondest memories.

I sat in the little space I had created for myself, a nice sandy spot in the row of willows we had in the yard. I could hear the littles running around, and the hounds following the scent trails of the tiny chipmunks. I looked up at the sky, trying to see if we had any clouds rolling in. The bright green leaves of the willows were blocking my view. It was a perfect summer day, and I was going to build my best fairy house, I just knew it! I had collected all of my supplies, gotten a jar of sand, and collected pretty, shiny marbles for a cobblestone path. I had just finished the walls of the house when I felt the air get a little chill. I stood up, legs aching from squatting so long, and walked out of the willows. The sky was still blue, but I could see thunder clouds rolling in on the mountains. Rain. I scrambled into my spot and got back work. I would not let this house be ruined by rain! I put the finishing touches on the house when I felt the first raindrops. I could hear the littles running around and giggling. I sprang out of the willows and joined them in their game of tag in the rain. When we heard the first roll of thunder, we yelled happily and ran inside, soaked. We started a fire in the woodstove and sat by the fire embroidering and reading until the storm passed. We went back outside to check on the houses, which were fine. We poked around in the dirt, looking for worms. The rich, earthy smell of the dirt and rain was amazing. I stood, and breathed in the air. The smell of rain, pine, and cedars was the most beautiful thing I'd ever smelled. It smelled like being clean, Christmas trees, and the mountains. Soon, the sun came back and the smell faded, but I always remembered it.

This story was inspired from when I lived in the mountains. It was beautiful!

2 comments:

  1. That's beautiful Bryleigh! I can feel what you're talking about. Ohhh, that's so nice. It reminds me of the Blue Mountains over here. This is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hon! The Blue Mountains sound beautiful!
      xx

      Delete

We love getting comments, and we will always answer them!